Last Updated: 8 February, 2021
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Social Sharing Features
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, communicate with us via third-party platforms, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name and email address, and any other information you choose to provide.
Other Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services or transact with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, third-party merchants who use the Services to offer their products and/or services ("Merchants") may provide information about you to us, such as your [name, email address, and products and/or services purchased, obtained, or considered]. Merchants are solely responsible for their privacy and security practices and all information provided about you to us by Merchants is governed by their privacy and security practices. For any questions about information provided about you to us by a Merchant, please contact the Merchant.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services and other products we may from time-to-time offer;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Co-Op Commerce and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior and audit your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Co-Op Commerce and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; and
- In connection with research and development activities.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will not share your personal information except as follows:
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Co-Op Commerce or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Co-Op Commerce assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Co-Op Commerce and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Co-Op Commerce is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update and correct certain information you provide to us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the settings page. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, [please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Co-Op Commerce by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.